Install iConstruct 2015 for Naviswork 2014 on Windows 2008 R2 as a host server with SQL Server Express.
- Install SQLEXPR_x64_ENU -> Default Instance, SQL Authentication (use sa account)
- From local, run Setup (iConstruct_2015_Navisworks_2014_260315)
- Select iConstruct BIM-Flow Server
4. When prompt for SQL info:
- Server name: hostname or IP address
- Database name: accept default (iConstruct)
- Sql authentication: sa
5. iConstruct Server Service created
Client Computer with iConstruct already installed:
- Exit iConstruct instance
- Run as command, use the same username/credential as iConstruct BIM-Flow Server install instance from the host.
3. iConstruct 2015 BIM-Flow ToolSuite 2015 will open.
4. Configure Server Address
- Click OK
- Add active users
- Exit program
5. Open iConstruct Program. Note: “Working online” status at the bottom of program indicates client is connected with host.
My primary purpose of Event Forwarding is to collect logon failures leading to account lockouts. Forwarding event 4771 from DC to member server in a Windows 2008 R2 environment.
Good source from Blogs.Technet.com.
Default order. Citrix Single Sign-on is not enabled in this environment therefore, it’s at the bottom.
Pdvfs Drive Network (Symantec Backup Exec) is moved to the 2nd to the bottom.
Place the SRJ file in the user’s profile directory. See path below.
At the Windows command prompt, assuming you already have Telnet Client installed, type the following syntax to check the FTP port access.
telnet FTP_Address PortNumber
telnet 184.108.40.206 21
Result: if you see for example, 220-FTP and some message, this means the FTP address and port access are standing by.
From standalone Starbuilder client only -> Open odbcad32 (windows\SysWOW64), User DSN, add StarBldr32 with SQL Server driver.
From clients, standalone, and citrix, the Starbuilder is trying to connect the database server. Loading frame hangs. Unable to ping database server.
Restart database server fixed the problem!
By default the Number of Cores per Processor is set to All. If your Notes server does not need all cores you can lower the counts in the BIOS. A significant cost impact for the CPU counts on Notes server.