To reset Microsoft Office programs to its default setting you need to delete corresponding registry key.
Follow these steps:
- Quit all Microsoft Office programs.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate following registry key:
- for Office 2010: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\
- for Office 2007: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\
- for Office 2003: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\
- for Office XP: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\
- for Office 2000: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\
- Under this key there is a key for each Office product (Word, Excel, etc.) that you need to delete. Click to select it.
Note: Always export the registry key before performing following step in case something went wrong or you want to reverse changes later. Simply right click and select export.
- Make sure the right key is selected and click Delete on the Edit menu.
- Start Office program to verify changes.
Thank you PC Care Direct.