Source & Support:
If you want Asus to support on how to downgrade to Windows 7, which they don’t recommend, before you do anything you must call them first.
I have 2 SSD drives (128 GB) and a single TB drive. I followed the above link plus the following:
- BIOS – enable CSM, disable Secure Boot, and save you changes.
- Boot to RAID Utility (Ctrl+I), delete the current RAID setting. Create new RAID0 (stripe). This will merge 2 SSD drives (128 GB) to a total single volume of 256 GB. Save your configuration.
- Boot to Windows 7 install disc.
- Your SSD/HDD is probably formatted as a GPT partition and it is best to convert it to MBR but that is not mandatory.
While you are at the partition selection screen, press SHIFT + F10
You will get a DOS Command Prompt Window
Type diskpart then hit Enter
Type select disk 0 then hit Enter
type clean then hit Enter
type convert mbr then hit Enter
type create partition primary align=4096 then hit Enter
- You should be able to install Windows to a single volume drives (256 GB).
- After all drivers and Windows updates installed, I added a 3rd drive (1 TB) to be my D-Drive.